Who is Markie Post?
Marjorie Armstrong Post was a popular American actress, most notably as bail bond agent Terri Michaels on The Fall Guy between 1982 and 1985 and as public defender Christine Sullivan in Night Court from 1985 until 1992.
Quick Facts about Markie Post
|Full Name||Markie Post|
|Birthday||November 4th, 1950|
|Birth Place||Palo Alto, California, USA|
|Age||69 years old|
|Best Movies||Night Court, Cook-Off!, Muffin Top: A Love Story, There is something about Mary|
|Spouse||Stephen Knox(1971-1792)Michael A. Ross (1982)|
|Children||Daisy RossKatie Ross|
|Net Worth||$12 million|
|Social Media||Twitter, Instagram|
Read about: Julie Andrews
Markie Post was born in Palo Alto, California, to scientist Richard F. Post and poet Marylee Post. She was the second of the couple’s three daughters, and she and her two siblings were raised in Stanford and Walnut Creek.
She was a cheerleader at Las Lomas High School. She studied at Lewis & Clark College in Oregon and briefly at Pomona College in California before returning to Lewis & Clark to complete her bachelor’s degree.
Height, Weight, and Body Measurement
Markie stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs an undisclosed amount. She also has a pair of stunning blue eyes and blond locks. There is no detail available on her other body measurements.
Markie Post first appeared on television in an episode of the 1979 drama “CHIPs.”
She also appeared in two episodes of ‘Buck Rogers in the Twenty-First Century’ that year.
Then, in 1981, she landed a part as Chris Brennan in the television miniseries “The Gangster Chronicles,” as well as a role in the crime thriller film “Gangster Wars.”
In 1982, she was cast as Terri Michaels opposite Lee Majors, Heather Thomas, and Douglas Barr in the action/adventure TV show “The Fall Guy.” S
he appeared in two episodes of ‘Fantasy Island’ and ‘The A-Team,’ respectively, after appearing in the game shows’ Match Game’ and ‘Go.’
Markie started featuring on the game show “The $10,000 Pyramid” during this time.
She portrayed Christine Sullivan in the 1980 comedy “Night Court”. She joined the game show ‘Super Password’ a year later.
Post co-starred in the comedy “Hearts Afire” with John Ritter from 1992 to 1995 as Georgie Anne Lahti Hartman.
She went on to play Julia Whitney in the thriller “Odd Man Out” after the series concluded.
In 1998, she starred in the short film “Behind the Zipper with Magda” and in the romantic comedy “There’s Something About Mary,” in which many men fell in love with the titular heroine, Mary, and try to win her heart.
After that, she played Mom Chandler in the tv movie “Holiday in Handcuffs.” She was also shooting for the 2017 film ‘Cook Off!’ at this period.
‘Transformers Prime’ cast her as a series regular in 2013.
She started playing Barbara Fletcher in the police procedural thriller’ Chicago P.D.’ the following year.
Post starred in Cathryn Michon’s directorial debut, “Muffin Top: A Love Story,” about a woman who re-enters the dating world after her husband leaves her for another woman.
- 1981 – Gangstar War as Chris Brennan
- 1998 – Behind the Zipper with Magda as Sheila Jensen
- 1998 – There’s Something About Mary as Mary’s Mom
- 2007- Cook-Off! as Christine Merriweather (released in 2017)
- 2014 – Muffin Top: Love Story as Linda
- 2017 – Sweet Sweet Summertime as Lila Burns
- 2017 – Camp Cool Kids as Euginia
- 2017 – Keep the Gaslight Burning as Mrs. Maxwell
- 2017 -Four Christmases and a Wedding as Anna Taylor
- 1979 – CHIPs like Roberta in the first television drama: “Rally‘ Round the Bank ’
- 1979 – Barnaby Jones as Linda Woods episode: “The Master of Deception”
- 1979 – The Incredible Hulk as Pamela Morris of the episode: “Confession”
- 1979 – Lazarus Syndrome as Lauren Episode: “Vicious Attack”
- 1979 – 25th-century Buck Rogers Joella Cameron Episode 2
- 1979 – Hart to Hart as Sandy Episode: “Cop Out”
- 1980 – BJ and Bear as Valerie Wood of the episode: “Siege”
- 1980 – House Calls Like Linda in the Episode: “A Little Case for Divorce”
- 1980 – Eight Enough as Kerry Episode: “Commitment”
- 1980 – Tough Tough as Barbara Jane Bookman Episode 4
- 1981 – The Gangster Chronicles as Crish Brennan for the Television Miniseries episodes 13
- 1981 – America’s Greatest Hero as Deborah Dante of the episode: “Two Hundreds of Mile-an-Hour”
- 1981 – Simon & Simon Carolyn Perry’s episode: “Details in Eleven”
- 1981 – McClain’s “Requiem for a Narc” Act
- 1982 – Red Episode Code: “Wildfire”
- 1982 – Massarati and Brain as Julie Ramsdell of Television Movie
- 1982 – Not Just Another Involved Jan Thacker of Television Movie
- 1982 -1983 – Love Boat as Doris Holden / Dee Dee / Donna Baker 2 episodes
- 1982 – 1985 – The Fall Guy as Terri Michaels for the series regular 64 Episodes
- 1983 – Six Pack as a Better Sally Lead in Television Movie
- 1983 – Matt Houston Courtney Garner of the episode: “A Novel Way to die”
- 1983 – Cheers as Heather Landon for the Episode: “just Three Friends”
- 1983 – Match the Game as Him in Episode 5
- 1983 – Go to Episode 5 for Yourself
- 1983 – 1984 – Fantasy Island as Amy Marshall / Doreen Murphy 2 episodes
- 1983 – 1984 – A-Team as Rina / Leslie Becknell / Sister Teresa of 2 episodes
- 1983 – 1988 – The $ 10,000 Pyramid as His Own in a Repeated Round 80 Episodes
- 1984 – Glitter as Barbara Nelson for the Episode: “pilot”
- 1984 – Crime Status as Courtney Hollander episode: “pilot”
- 1984 – Body Language as the Owner of 5 episodes
- 1984 – Hotel as Anne Crowley / Jill Stanton for 2 episodes
- 1984 – 1992 – Night Court as Christine Sullivan on 159 episodes (Series Regular)
- 1985 – $ 25,000 Pyramid as His Own in 5 episodes
- 1985 – 1987 – Higher Password Like Him in 20 episodes
- 1986 – Triplecross as Delia Langtree of Tv Movie Movie
- 1988 – Glitz as Linda Month of TV Movie
- 1988 – Trick of the Trade as Marla for the Movie Movie
- 1988 – Blackout as He owns 5 episodes
- 1991 – Aliens at My Door as Sharon Dancey of TV Movie
- 1992 – 1995 – Hearts Burning Like Gregorie Anne Lahti Hartman on 54 episodes
- 1993 – Beyond Suspicion as Joyce for the TV Movie
- 1994 – Someone You Know Like Laurie Philips as a TV Movie
- 1995 – VR.5 Alexis Miller’s Episode: “Alex’s Multiple Face”
- 1995 – Overnight Visitors like Judith English of TV
- 1996 – Chasing The Dragon as Gwen Kessler of Tv Movie Movie
- 1996 – Dave’s world as Lisa McCauley’s Episode: “Falling”
- 1997 – Best Dog Friend Like a Horse in the role of the voice of TV Movie
- 1997 – Mountain Survival as Amy Hoffman of TV Movie
- 1997 – I’ve been waiting for you as Rosemary Zoltanne of TV Movie
- 1999 – 2000 – Odd Man Out as Julia Whitney for 13 episodes
- 2000 – Twice in Lifetime Nancy Waldron / Peggy McIntrye on the episode: “It’s a Hard Knock Life”
- 2000 – Hollywood squares as He owns 5 episodes
- 2001 – Until Dad Got A Divorce Like Virginia Corbett TV Movie
- 2001 – The latest Boomers of TV Movie
- 2002 – 2006 – Scratch like Lily Reid in 3 episodes
- 2003 – 2004 – Region as Audrey Livingston / Simone Fairgate / Audrey Livermore in 2 episodes
- 2006 – Ghost Whisperer as Diana Lassiter of the episode: “The Woman of His Dreams”
- 2007 – Holiday in Handcuffs as Mama Chandler of TV Movie
- Rock of 2008-30 as his “Cast of Night Court”
- 2010 – Back Wedding as Aunt Addie’s Movie Movie
- 2010 – 2013 – Transformer Prime as June Darby standard series; 15 Episodes (voice role)
- 2011 – Man like Linda of the episode: “Welcome”
- 2013 – Back to The Game as Dotty for the Episode: “Play Hard or Go Home”
- 2013 – Christmas in Bayou as Lilly of Television Movie
- 2014 – Rack and Ruin as Betsy for the 5 episodes
- 2014 – 2017 – Chicago P.D. like Barbara “Bunny” Fletcher in a repetitive role; 18 Episodes
- 2015 – Rack and Ruin Web Series as Betsy for the Television Movie
- 2017 – The Joneses Unplugged as Tawney for the Television Movie
- 2018 – Santa Clarita’s diet as Becky’s episode: “Coyote in Yoga Pants”
Markie Post accolades
2013 Behind the Voice Actors Award for Best Vocal Ensemble in a Television Series – Action/Drama (Transformers Prime) – Nominated
1994 CableACE Award for Children’s Program Special – 6 and Young (Presidential Inaugural Celebration for Children) – Won
2007 TV Land Award for Lady You Love to Watch Fight for Her Life in a Movie of the Week – Nominated
Rumor and controversies
There was once a rumor about Markie’s and Bill Clinton’s friendship.
Apart from that, she has never been involved in any scandal in her professional life.
Marriage and relationships of Markie Post
The actress was formerly married to Stephen Knox in 1971. He was a college classmate from Lewis & Clark College classmate. She got divorced from him in 1972.
On February 7, 1982, Post married actor/writer Michael A. Ross. They have two daughters Katie and Daisy.
The Night Court
Post, who made a splash in Nightcourt since joining the series for the third time, has been enjoying the most recent episodes on television as Bunny Fletcher on Chicago P.D., as well as numerous TV movies.
Why did she leave the Night Court?
Two producers wanted Markie Post at the beginning of the season and even made her a guest star like Christine Sullivan in the second season’s second episode.
Since Post was unable to back out of his contract with The Fall Guy, the producers retained Ellen Foley to portray Billie Young in the 1984-85 season.
Net Worth of Markie Post
Marie Post has been working for a long time. She is one of the most active actresses. She earns most of her income as an actress and television personality.
Approximately $12 million will be Markie’s net worth by 2021.